An auto attendant (sometimes called virtual receptionist) can help your business come across as polished and professional. When a customer calls your auto attendant, you can provide them with a variety of options to reach different departments, dial by name, leave you a message, dial by extension, and more.
Your auto attendant greeting is simple to set up. This greeting is what your customers will hear when they call your auto attendant number. Login to your portal where you will see instructions (like below) for setting up your auto attendant greeting and the matching keypad prompts.
- Dial the phone number of your auto attendant.
- Dial 999 to enter the setup menu.
- When prompted for a password, enter in magic# using the phone’s keypad.
- Follow the menu instructions to record a message.
- Once you’re done recording, press the pound (#) key.
- When done, options to listen, re-record, and use greeting will be presented.
After recording your greeting, you need to set up your keypad prompts via the portal as shown below. For example, if your auto attendant greeting says “Press 2 to talk to our service department”, you would press 2 on the keypad shown below and then select the extension for your service department (for example, “Ext. 123”).
This feature included with: